Monday, August 04, 2008

Mike Allen at Popular Mechanics








Popular Mechanics' Mike Allen is skeptical---skeptical of the effects of HHO gas on fuel economy in a vehicle. He's written about it and due to an overwhelming reader response, he's going against his professional judgement and is taking steps to run a series of tests himself on a 2009 Nissan Maxima. Many are reporting this as Popular Mechanics' attempt to debunk Water4Gas and the various kits that you can buy on the Internet.

I had chance to talk with Mr. Allen today to learn how his testing is going. First, he let me know that this is not his top priority right now (completing print magazines is) so when he gets time, he does push his project forward a bit. We discussed the kit he has installed and his testing methodology. I also learned which kit he chose to install and I even spoke to that manufacturer today to get his take on working with Mike on this.

In the coming days, I will be posting excerpts of my interview with Mike and with this--for now--unnamed manufacturer. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I'd like to request again to hear from Ford, General Motors, Nissan or any manufacturer out there testing HHO. I'm hearing today that when it comes to testing HHO devices, folks in the aftermarket industry believe that legislation exists which would compel the auto manufacturers to be responsible for testing. Many times, you will hear that tampering with an oxygen sensor is against the law. I'm still researching that but at least one person I spoke to believes that challenging that would involve necessarily the underlying manufacturer of the vehicle to which the aftermarket device was installed. If you are in SEMA and understand this, can you get in touch with me: watercarblog@gmail.com

No comments: